Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Maybe if i stuck up for myself more and opened up earlier enough when i seen the red flags he would not of got away with his actions .. when he was sending me crazy .maybe i should of stuck up for myself and stabbed him!!. But iam not a violent person . But he did drive me to the point of crazyness .. things could have been a lot different. Then i would of had him in court .. oh well .. if he ever does come near me i will defend myself no matter what .. but hey ho i will dust him off and move on with my recovery

Jupiter
      Participant

Hi Iamfree

You have done well not to attack back ! Dont stoop to his level as you are the better person by far.

Its hard to defend yourself when you are beaten down and vulnerable by abuse.Dont be so hard on yourself–you are a strong woman who has survived a traumatic life and trying to improve this gradually.Its a work in progress and you will come out of the darkness into the light.By being here its good to know we are not alone.
      Jupiter x

Anonymous
      Inactive

I’ve been vulnerable to these monsters time to harden myself up now .all I can say is I thank my ex so much for making me even more stronger and powerful I seen ever single red flag now .. so I know what to look out for now x

Serenity
      Participant

Don’t beat yourself up, I Am Free. You entered into the relationship with pure intentions, sbdcthese abusers are. Wet good at making us feel immobilised.

I sometimes feel guilty because I had kids with my ex. I should have chosen a man Ruth more integrity and morals- but we aren’t arrogant are we? We kind of think no ones perfect and we hope that our abusers will see the error of their ways – but it never happens. By the time they’ve inflicted the damage, they’ve weakened us in different ways.

Be proud that you never stopped to his level. acting crazy isn’t something to feel guilt about: it’s what happens when you’re abused. We’re not robots, and abusers try very hard to get a reaction from us.

Hugs X

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content