Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Newgirl
      Participant

Why, when you have decided to leave and are just waiting do the days feel like years? It’s like they know and calm the nastiness. It won’t last I’m just waiting for it.

GrumbleBear
      Participant

I hear you. I haven’t made the decision to definitely leave for good yet but rather than engage in arguments with my children around, I will not stay in the house and have decided to walk out every time and have done once. We stayed in a hotel overnight – he doesn’t know where we went. Now it seems like he will push a little but hold back from letting it get to the point I have to walk out so it feels like I’m trapped.

It’s almost like being on one of those extendable dog leads!

Newgirl
        Participant

Oh bless you x I’m sorry but yeah totally get that x I have decided as it’s the only way the behaviour just keeps getting worse and I’m at the point where I’m at the bottom I can’t get any lower so I need out x

Bananaboat
      Participant

Agreed, the days feel so much longer don’t they. I’m seeing all degrees of his behaviour from overly nice, to vile to full on lies currently as I’m getting myself out. They truly know how to manipulate and read us. x

Newgirl
        Participant

I haven’t managed to say it yet but I’ve decided in my head! The days just go on and on don’t they and yes the behaviours continue the mind games continue I don’t know where they get the energy from to keep doing it
        My daughter is having a few days away soon and wanted this app so I can’t keep an eye on her to make sure she is safe she only brings it up in front of him yeah because I want him knowing my every move 🙄 grrrrrrr

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content