Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Dragonfly
      Participant

I thought it was all about getting back at the person who did you wrong – it’s not! It’s about good things happening to you/us. I’ve discovered it’s not about revenge, it’s not about hurting the other person, it’s not about wanting them to feel the pain and fear they made us feel.

It’s about moving on in life, in a positive way. It’s truly realising I have an amazing family and the best of friends. It’s little gestures from these amazing people that get me through.

Yesterday I was given beautiful flowers and some chocolates from a friend, because she wanted to give me them and spend time with me. What a lovely thing to do.

Also neither of us can afford to buy or run a car individually so we’re now sharing a car, 50/50. We now have much more freedom. We don’t live in each others pocket. We’re just grown ups with no hidden agenda.

How refreshing 😃😃😃

Bubblegum
      Participant

Thank you Dragon Fly for your post .Just what I needed to read this morning xx

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content