Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Happiermex
      Participant

Hello everyone I am (detail removed by moderator) out and thought I’d write a update on here…
      I think we forget to appreciate the quiet… the calm when we have had it for a while, not sure if it’s just me but I have forgotten how tense and scared I used to feel? But I try and remind myself that this is a positive thing! In normal day to day life you shouldn’t feel that way.. not with someone you love. I have some brilliant days where I laugh and feel good for the woman I am but I also have days where I feel like everything he said I was… I go to work then come home and go to bed and lock myself away. Time is a great healer. I think I concentrated on getting my new job and decorating my home so I could remove him as much as possible that now it’s all done my mind is trying to fit back how it was… it’s a battle but I will win this battle.. I will never go back and I will never feel how low I did again even if I stay single the rest of my life…
      even on the bad days I am solid on that. If you are reading this and your in it please know you are worth it ❤️ You are good person and I hope you find any teeny tiny bit of strength to leave and fight for who you once was! It was never all tears and anxious feelings.. at some point in your life you were care free and smiled more and actually found something about yourself no matter how big or small attractive! Sending all my love and strength keep powering through and stay safe from these monsters! X*x

Kazz
      Participant

Hi It’s so nice to read your post and know that you mamade it! I can’t wait for the day I can be myself again, not having to think before any word is spoken, constant walking on egg shells, sleepless nights, it’s exhausting, I often wonder how someone like me became this weak, frightened woman letting someone take control of my every breath. But hopefully I too will be able to write a post like yours and say I am finally free to be me.

Lottieblue
      Participant

Hello,
      Thank you so much for this post. I can’t tell you how helpful it is. And positive.
      Thank you for your reassurance.
      Thank you for remembering, how it was, and still is for some of us.
      Thank you for knowing you can make a difference.
      Well done for staying strong and staying out.
      Thank you for giving me hope.
      X

Happiermex
      Participant

It’s because we love to much and we are kind caring people we think we can fix them, we think that if we show them enough love it will stop but one thing I can assure you is once that line is crossed they never go back it only gets worse. One day something will happen and it will click and you will up and leave and from some where find that strength to keep moving forward. It’s very hard so please don’t punish yourself!
      You can have a different life you just have to find the courage even though they suck everything out of you… deep down your still you! Xx

Happiermex
      Participant

I only wish I could do more to help
      Everyone once the hard part of leaving is done and you have cried your self stupid you look back and think why on earth was I so stuck? Why couldn’t I have left sooner? But there are no answers… it’s not your fault. Everyone’s situation is different and stay for many diff reasons.. but take it from me you can escape. You can be happy again even with bad days in between I’m
      No longer having permanent bad days and dreading comming I’m from work dreading if my
      Daughter would say the wrong thing.. hoping when I went food shopping he would be happy that I spent most of it on him and that he wouldn’t go mad… that isn’t life. It’s control. If anyone needs to chat I’m a inbox away. Your not alone and I would never judge you x

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content