Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Dragonfly
      Participant

I’ve not posted in a while. He lives on the other side of town. For reasons unknown to me he keeps showing up in my area. The only ‘reason’ I can think of is to go to a pub close to where I live. But there’s lots of pubs where he lives.

I’ve noticed he doesn’t show up at events he knows I could be at. I believe that’s because he wouldn’t feel safe. So many people know what he’s done and they’re not happy with him.

He’s basically at the end of my street. It scares the hell out of me. All my PTSD symptoms come back. I’m very irritable at work too. I can do nothing to stop him being here. Before his trial he wasn’t allowed near me but now in the eyes of the law he’s innocent.

I just don’t know how to cope with him being here

KIP.
      Participant

Gosh. Mine does exactly the same. Absolutely triggered my PTSD worse than a long time. I rang the police. There are stalking laws. If he does not have a valid reason for being there. Log everything and speak to your local domestic abuse police. They just can’t let go. I accept that I may have to see him out and about but coming to where I live is just too much to bear psychologically. I think it might get easier but why should we have to put up with this?

Dragonfly
      Participant

Hey kip. Thank you. I never even thought of reporting it. However even if they do nothing there’s a record of him being here and I suppose a pattern may show in his behaviour. I’ll start keeping a log

KIP.
      Participant

Please report it. There are great stalking laws now. I’ve met the woman who was responsible for changing the law to introduce this legislation. Her story is truly inspiring. Turns out her stalker was actually someone very close to her pretending to be her knight in shining armour when he was the one stalking her. She realised when her stalker sent her a text only this man would know about. Gives me goosebumps thinking about it. I think you need more than one occasion. So try to get a witness or if you are brave enough then take a photo. I’m still to scared to do that.

Dragonfly
      Participant

Wow! I’ll definitely keep a log and I’m sure I could take a pic. He’s always in the same street, basically at the end of my street and round the corner from my work. There’s a few shops there too so no doubt CCTV

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content