Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Dear ladies, i have found if you are experiencing abuse, feel confused, unhappy or unsure about anything, it is really helpful to read up on it, there are loads of books available these days you just need to do an internet search. Then underline or highlight specifically what the issue is. During that time for me i was so confused and screwed up I know to do something as simple as read a book can be a challenge. I found a book that I could really resonate with, just after I broke up from my mentally & abusive ex. I highlighted all of the paragraphs that meant something to me. It is now (detail removed by Moderator) months on and my whole thought processes have changed, sometimes i miss him and feel sad. I have just picked up that book again and looked at the highlighted paragraphs. I have not been able to make sense of my feelings over these last (detail removed by Moderator) months and the emptyness that I feel sometimes now. Reading my old book has really helped me and I plan to re read it again tonight. The book is called 30 Covert Emotional Manipulation Tactics: How Manipulators Take Control In Personal Relationships. Thoughts & feelings change as you go through No Contact, you are susceptible and vulnerable to getting hooked back in.

I recommend it (detail removed by moderator).

I’ve been struggling to get my ex out of my head for (detail removed by Moderator) months now, it is like i’m obsessed, i cannot stop the thoughts coming into my mind. I am trying desperatly to understand why I feel the way that I do. I don’t want to be with him and I ended it. This book that i read at the time, Covert Emotional Manipulaton Tactics, I highlighted a lot of the things that were happening. I’m reading it now with fresh eyes and its sort of making sense why i’m still hooked. Possibly a manipulative maneuver on his part, giving me the silent treatment as he knows this would cause me the most pain. I have also always kept detailed journals about what is going on and how I am feeling. These are always good to look back on at a later date, to see what was going on in the relationship. My mind is now completely different to how it was when we first split, I have a fresh set of challenges. The record keeping really helps.

Thanks but I just want him out of my head and gone, for some reason not fully clear to me at the moment he is not. I’m hoping by reading up on what the books that I liked and what i highlighted will help. As long as you are doing what is right for you I don’t think it matters what method you use, as long as its working for you. Do you feel that your managing your relationship with your son?, that you are in control?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content