Tagged: 

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      weather
      Participant

Dear All,

I didn’t think I was going to keep my job this year due to toxic-jealous bullying. I also didn’t think that I could deliver some of the tasks that were expected of me and managed to get through it all with no support from my colleagues. I can now plan a holiday and carry out repair work on a rundown property. It’s been a hard couple of years of surviving financially and at one point, I was even made homeless with nowhere to go. I miss my cat each day; who I had to re-house and often go to bed crying for her, but she’s safe now. I’m so grateful for not being jobless or homeless anymore due to domestic abuse.
      Lastly, as a new driver, I managed to drive myself to work each day this year with one minor car incident.

I hope you can be happy for me, as I don’t often meet people that are happy for me.

Thank you for reading my message,

Weather

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Weather,

I’m really happy reading about the progress that you’ve made. These are some fantastic achievements despite adversity. It sounds like you’re thriving independently. Thank you for sharing, I know it will be inspiring of hope for others to read. I’m sorry about your cat, that’s really difficult, but as you point out she is safe. Rehousing her when you needed to was the kindest and most caring thing to do.

Take care and keep posting,
      Lisa

Lifebegins
      Participant

Hi @weather

Well done you!!! It’s great to hear about your positive experiences and I’m so happy for you 🤗

I know hard it is to leave and to get back on your feet so you should feel really proud of yourself. It’s also so hard to leave your home and your beloved cat but it was necessary for you to remove yourself from the abusive and toxic relationship – this is no easy feat and I hope this inspire others.

It sounds like it’s onwards and upwards for you now. I certainly hope so. Keep posting as it’s really great to hear the good stuff.

Sending you a big virtual hug 🤗xx

pigeonperson
      Participant

Hey Weather,

I’m so sorry to hear about your cat. I lost my cats due to DV too, but today I have cats again. Not the same cats, but they’re wonderful little cat people. I hope you will be able to get another cat some day soon.

Well done for being a new driver! I bet it feels good to have that independence. And for surviving bullying at work. Why are people so mean?

It sounds like you are doing really well: hearing about your positive achievements put a big smile on my face!

weather
      Participant

Dear All,

Thank you for all of your good wishes and encouraging messages. I currently don’t have any friends where I am and it’s sometimes difficult to see what you’ve actually achieved until someone points it out.
      So thank you everyone for being happy for me and for all of your precious messages.

Please keep safe and I look forward to posting more positive stories in this segment,

Weather

StrongLife
      Participant

So sorry about your cat. I too lost animals due to domestic violence related issues – I had to flee. I have new cat now and in different safe situation than I was initially.

Have you thought of another pet?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content