Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Rosemary
      Participant

My kids dad will not leave me and my boyfriend alone his been talking to my boyfriend about me and makeing out my boyfriend said something what he never said I am tired of kids dad the thing is my kids are letting there dad down my place when they are not ment to as my support worker said the dad needs to stop coming down as I left him because of domestic violence he found out where I live that is the problem.my children don’t listen to me what advice could you give me advice please my children are sometimes being horrible to my boyfriend for no reason I am fed up of this it’s like I can’t have a relationship or to be happy I will never go back to my kids dad even if they paid me . One of my children are not believing what happened to me with the dad even thoe my child seen it my child said they believe the dad I hate the way my child is all for the dad why is this I think the dad is puting things in to my child head but it’s not the first time this had happened. This is makeing me feel so depressed. If I get a non molestation order my children are not going to be happy with me I feel my children are picking on me sence there dad has come back in to our life I don’t like this i feel so upset with my situation has gone worse I did not want the dad back in my life again . I’ve had a breakdown to which is horrible I just want a happy life with my boyfriend and my children that’s all I want.

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Rosemary,

I’m so sorry to hear that you’re experiencing harassment from you children’s father, it sounds like a really distressing situation.

Maybe your support worker could help you to report this to the police. Your ex continuing to contact you and turning up at your property could be considered harassment and the police should be able to help in these circumstances.

Your children aren’t responsible for your ex’s behaviour, it’s really common for abusive men to use child contact to continue to control and manipulate us long after the relationship has ended. It sounds like he is using them as an excuse to continue to contact you and come to your house and this is not okay.

As you say, another option could be a non-molestation order. If this is something you might want to consider, you could speak to DV Assist who can offer advice and support around injunctions: https://www.dvassist.org.uk/

Take care and keep posting,
      Lisa

Rosemary
      Participant

Thank you so much Lisa sorry I am late seeing your comment I really appreciate you I will phone DV to see what they say and what you say is all true and I don’t like what he is doing .

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content