Tagged: 

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Cantmakedecisons
      Participant

At the moment I’m having to go to my previous address to see my children. The advice I was given was to meet them in a public place but I tried that and well let’s just say it didn’t end well.

So for now it’s the only way, but it’s so confusing and torturous to enter the house where so much has happened. Mixed emotions is an understatement! It throws me into a state of panic but also shame. It makes it feel like I’m a terrible mother for walking out.

KIP.
      Participant

Have you considered using a contact centre? Do you have support from your local women’s aid? Do you have an access agreement in place. Can you get help finding suitable housing that they can stay with you.

Cantmakedecisons
        Participant

My new place is big enough for them but they refuse to come with me. No access agreement in place as yet. Never spoken to women’s aid. Unfortunately their dad is quite manipulative- crying in front of them etc. They have big hearts and I think they’re worried to leave him.

KIP.
      Participant

Please please contact women’s aid for support. They can offer all sorts of help and advice. Keep a journal of his behaviour including crying and manipulating the children which is not what a caring parent does. Women’s aid can advise you about occupation order to have him removed from the home or non molestation orders. Just keep as much evidence as you can. You shouldn’t be left alone with him. It’s very dangerous for you.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content