Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Mummyboo
      Participant

I really dislike being in the same space as my husband. Whenever he is about I’m constantly on the verge of a panic attack. I really hate how this makes me appear as if I’m a bad mum. My youngest has a (detail removed by moderator) appointment this week and he text me about it and I just made an excuse that I couldn’t go. I did make it to the parent teacher meetings with him as he would not allow for me to make separate appointments. I would do anything for my kids but this is stopping me- I would have thought my maternal instincts would over take this anxiety but it doesn’t, and I worry the kids are missing out. He doesn’t not accept the marriage is over and still expects we to do all these things together (he never went to appointments before). I just wish he would just go away.

KIP.
      Participant

You do. It have to do anything he says. I would contact the school and ask for a separate appointment. You have every right to request this. Why destroy your mental health and raise your anxiety levels when you do not have to. He is using coercive control which is illegal.

Tiffany
      Participant

Attending appointments with him is way to much contact post abuse. Legally, I am pretty sure that there is no way that he can decree that you can’t have separate appointments. Like KIP said, speak to the school and make it clear that you need separate appointments for your own safety. You will be a much better advocate for your kids if you are alone too. Is there any way you can reduce your contact with him in other ways too? It will really help with your anxiety I think.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content