Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Cheesequeen
      Participant

I have been beating myself up a lot recently, thinking I am making the wrong decision, thinking I am overreacting and just doubting myself so much it’s so tiring. But then I took my little ones to see the new house.
      I took photos of them on the doorstep and they were playing in the garden while we waited for the agent. They found a secret space and I could have just imploded with joy. I can’t wait to decorate it with little lanterns and plant pots with them.
      I keep visualizing it. We’re moving from a very big new build to a small terraced and I CANNOT WAIT! It isn’t much but it is ours and I can just imagine being in there.
      My little one wanted to stay haha. It’s so close now I can’t believe it. I am struggling a lot at work at the moment as my job is very much based on self motivation and organisation. I am trying not to be too hard on myself and just try to get through these next few days without anyone noticing I’m barely doing anything 😂
      Did anyone else have this much excitement about the new house? I have butterflies! Xx

KIP.
      Participant

I’m sooo pleased for you and the joy seeing your children happy brings to you. I’m sure it will be a truly happy peaceful home full of happy memories for them. Keep going. Spring and summer round the corner x

Cheesequeen
        Participant

Thank you KIP! I am hoping I have not gone over optimistic. He is being very agreeable at the minute so I always have this nagging fear he is going to ruin it all when I least expect it. But I am trying to stay in a positive frame of mind whenever I can seize it. Xx

fizzylem
      Participant

This is so lovely to read! Congrats! Life can begin again! xx

Cheesequeen
        Participant

Thanks fizzylem, we have got this!! Xx

Anonymous
      Inactive

I’m so pleased for you. Be happy 😉 x

KIP.
      Participant

Just wanted to remind you to stay vigilant. My ex was very agreeable but that all changed when he realised I was serious and wasn’t backing down. My advice would be to move without telling him. Give him as little information as you can. This is the most dangerous time for abused women. My ex was all supportive and generous with his words but he was losing control and behind my back was bad mouthing me and having an affair. These men are not what they seem so protect yourself in every way until you’re safe x my ex got especially outraged when he saw how happy I was that I was ending the relationship. Even though he was having an affair his rage was uncontrollable and he was arrested for assaulting me. I just didn’t see it coming. I had minimised his behaviour but the truth was he had never changed, just disguised himself for a while x

diymum@1
      Participant

i agree always stay one step ahead of him xx good luck in your new home, my goodness this sounds amazing. sending good karma to you 🙂 love diymum xx

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content