Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Men in particular-

I’ve been free a few months and I’m finding people showing kindness is such a weakness(I’ve cried twice at work) this week

The first was an elderly gentleman who said I was doing a great job and I should smile more because my face lights up.

The second was my bosses boss who asked if I was ok it was something so simple but after a few bad days it chocked me up.

I know it’s because it’s been along time since a man has been nice to me and didn’t want anything in return I didn’t feel threatened by them just sad something so simple could hurt so much.
      I never wanted anything from my abuser except love and he just couldn’t manage it.

Sorry just feeling a bit lonely hate Sundays kids are working and I over think.

Thanks for listening x

Falling Skys
      Participant

The road to freedom is a roller coaster and you are doing so well.

I find it hard when a man is being kind/nice with no ulterior motives.

you will get there

FS xx

Thanks falling skys

Yes I’ve always put my head down around other men and never made conversation for fear of them talking to me when I was with my ex for obvious reasons. Now I’m free and can see not all men see me as he did it’s hard that realisation how absolutely disgusting he was towards me how I lived for so many years. Not all men see woman as a sex toy or a piece of meat. I think that’s why I cried just to be treated like a person it was nice

Fsc xx

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content