Tagged: , ,

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Mumofcats
      Participant

Ok, so I knew the violence was abuse, but it did get less and less over the years. But it has been replaced by emotional, psychological and financial abuse.
      Only recently I realised he had r*ped me. My case worker at the organisation put the words on it when I told her something that happened recently.

Now, he is on his best behaviour, and has been for a while. With a bit of wobbles here and there.

However, he keeps hugging me and kissing me. But I don’t want it. So I reject him. But he still does it.
      I did initiate intimacy twice. Before the second time, I sensed he was getting bad tempered and he started getting angry with one of the children. I know he often gets irritable after while without intimacy. So I thought that would help, and it did.

Am I giving mixed signals?
      Most of the time I really don’t want him to touch me or kiss me. But he doesn’t care and seems to think he’s displaying his love for me.

I’m confused.

Bananaboat
      Participant

No, he can tell you’re not interested and by agreeing reluctantly/not fighting you are surviving. Your brain is recognising the threat and kicking into survival mode to keep you safe – you said yourself you can sense the rage if you say no. This is not the same as acceptance. Plus, there’s a physical & chemical release through touch and sex, you’re allowed to enjoy the act it doesn’t mean you wanted him to initiate it in that way x

Mumofcats
      Participant

Thank you. I find everything so complicated to process sometimes. This and all the other stuff. The gaslighting. I come to doubt my own reality.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content