Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      iwantchange
      Participant

So this morning was already drama, sometimes other people’s drama can affect my partners mood. Makes me nervous tbh. But he was nice this morning, helpful and kind.

My partner suffers with mental health and has triggers. But when we got back indoors he started feeling irritated was snappy and talking to me like dirt. Made me wary and wanting to stay away from him because I fear what could happen.

Don’t want to answer back because I don’t wanna make him more angry but at the same time why should I stay silent? Nothing happened this time, he didn’t hit me. Thank goodness

I just hate living my life with this kind of fear. Everytime he gets irritated, I automatically get nervous because I don’t want anything to make him snap. The hurtful words I can’t take, but would prefer that over being hit any day.

It’s horrendous when your day is so heavily impacted by the possibility of someone else flipping out for no reason. I have this, other half goes out with the dog in a great mood, comes back in a foul mood and suddenly his life is s**t and everything is wrong and I’m *insert every derogatory name under the sun here*.

I hear you, loud and clear. I’m so sorry you’re going through this x

iwantchange
      Participant

Hi confusedallofthetime.

Thank you for your post. I’m sorry you’re going through aswell. I wish I could hold each and every one of these women who are going through exactly what we are. Because it’s not fair.

We should be in a loving relationship, happy. Not nervous at the thought of our partner being in a bad mood.

I hope it gets better for you, and I hope that don’t come across the wrong way.

Thank you again for your post and take care 🙂 x

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content