Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Crazylady19
      Participant

Hi everyone I’m hoping that someone can point me in the right direction and help me out. So I’ve decided that I have to get out of this situation and the sooner the better as things are getting pretty volatile between me and my partner. Also the gaslighting and mind games that were once quite subtle and had me questioning myself are being done so obviously that I’m wondering what her end game is with it!! I’ve woke up a few times now to find her masterbating next to me and I wasn’t sure at first as I was half asleep however when i woke up to her doing it again I pretended I was asleep, never did I think she would disrespect me like that!! When I asked her she flipped out over it and couldn’t believe I thought that of her, I watched her as the tears came and she blatantly lied to me about it. She knows I have know one and nothing to turn to. I have no money and no way out our benefits are joint and are paid in to her bank account and that’s were the problem is. I’ve got so many health issues going on and I’m having to sleep with one eye open as I’ve found her stood over me or just looking at me and I’m scared!! How do I get out if I can’t get my benefits?? She will know that I’m planning on going if all of a sudden the money doesn’t go in her account I just don’t know what to do!! Any advice would be great thank you all so much x*x

KIP.
      Participant

You could speak to your local women’s aid and try to get a place in a refuge until you can sort out accommodation and benefits. They could also help you to leave safely.

Crazylady19
      Participant

Hi kip thanks for getting back to me. I’ve been trying to connect to an advisor on the live chat on here as it’s difficult for me to make any phone calls as I don’t get any time alone. I wasn’t aware that there was local women’s aid places I’ll have a look and see if I can find it thank you. I really didn’t want to have to go down the refugee road due to me being disabled but the way things are right now I don’t have a choice unfortunately.

fizzylem
      Participant

Make it stop by getting out CL and the rest you can sort out after then x

Escapee
      Participant

Hi,

You could also talk it over with your GP – they can be brilliant, offering you support and making sure you have access to the services you need.

If your benefits are paid monthly you could plan leaving to coincide with that….as soon as the payment date has been, change the account number for your benefits then set your leaving date for the next payment date.(I hope that last bit makes sense!?!)

Crazylady19
      Participant

Hi yes I never even thought of doing that Escapee!! My head is all over the place sometimes that I can’t see the obvious that’s right in front of me thank you so much, both of you I really appreciate your messages I something to work with here 🙂

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content