Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Site Moderator
      Main Moderator

The forum survey closed on Friday 10 June and we’ve been working our way through your responses and have a few statistics, quotes and next steps to share with you all!

Of those who responded, 97.8% say they have a better understanding of domestic abuse after joining the forum, 95.5% say it’s helped them to share experiences with other people, and 97.6% feel more supported. Over a third (36%) visit daily, and an additional 44% visit once or twice a week.

You’ve been so generous with sharing parts of your stories and there’s been huge amounts of positive feedback about the community you’ve found here:

“Reading about other women’s experience and how they managed to get through the hell and making it to the other side gave me hope that I may be able to make it.”

“The forum is the only place where I can meet women who understand exactly where I am coming from and I understand them. For all the expertise of professionals, no-one has been able to support me like the women on the forum.  I learnt everything I know about abuse either from the forum or from sources recommended by the forum.  The women have been my wisdom and my strength.  In giving back to the forum by supporting other women, I feel that I can make a small difference in the fight against domestic abuse.”

“There have been some amazing women on the forum in the past two years. I would not have got out of my relationship or managed to navigate the two years afterwards without their advice and support. It has been truly a lifesaver for me.”

We’ve already shared your feedback to all of our moderators and it’s been a really powerful read. There was over 4,500 words and all of it is incredibly valuable. We’ll be reviewing your feedback on using the site and, funding permitting, planning digital developments around this, for example, around messaging, what functionality you’d like to see in future, improving the search tool, design and user experience. Where you’ve given consent, we’ll also be able to share some quotes in communications and fundraising bids so we can keep the forum improving and show how important this community is.

Thank you so much to all of you!

Twisted Sister
      Participant

Thank you for the feedback, and hope that you may be able to secure further funding on the back of it.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content