Tagged: 

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Lostnalone
      Participant

Learning what my triggers are and facing them 1 by 1.. As some u no I’m always awake when I should be sleeping. But that’s when the abuse was at its worse for me!! So Im not tormented anymore at this time of night,because I can lie here peaceful and quiet. I’ve faced 1 trigger. It’s helps to learn about triggers we face. X*x

minimeerkat
      Participant

because of being treated like something someone picked up on their shoe, for me the emotional scars run deep. therefore any rudeness ignorance lack of respect, manners, common courtesy or common decency trigger me severely
      its obviously going to take time to learn we are still safe, even when these actions or situations cause such panic within us
      its good that you are recognizing what is triggering you – its this very knowledge that will help you begin to slowly recover x

Lostnalone
      Participant

Minimeerkat i deal with 1 trigger then i get a sense of achievement then the others start to appear!! Theres a few of my triggers that can’t be dealt with until I am safe in a place of my own!! I’m very good at reading between the lines,and can pick up on negative comments. This as helped me stay safe on occasions.x*x

minimeerkat
      Participant

lostnalone i hope you are ok
      when it happens, keep reminding yourself that this situation is only temporary – you are not stuck, not trapped. there is a way out
      you have already shown just how much courage & strength you really possess to have come this far – you will definitely get through this
      there is a light at the end of the tunnel this time
      thinking of you x

StrongLife
      Participant

I get concerned by seeing families co parenting- not an option here.

I had to go through court. It was bad.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content