Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Tobfree
      Participant

spent years in gradually not relying on him for support etc so my circle of family and friends around me is my trust and my love and my support and in return i give them love trust support as these are normal loving healthy friendships and relationships with family and friends i can see how toxic he is and how even now when i need his support etc the most he does things to hurt me and to try and control me and does gaslighting trauma bonding and guilt trips and mind games as he is cruel and vindictive and abusive and gradually im leaving and im sure he knows this so this will fuel his abusive side even more i once loved this man until i woke up and realised the abuser he is i cryed over the man i thought he was kind supportive etc yet that man never existed it was all and still can be power control love bombing yet the punishments he dishes out is more and more yet i know i have done nothing wrong and i deserve to be happy

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Tobfree,

Thank you for sharing with us. I hope it is helping to post on the forum. You are right- you have done nothing wrong and you deserve to be happy. You are doing brilliantly, keep leaning on the support around you and taking steps towards leaving. We are with you along the way so please do keep posting when you are able to.

Best wishes,

Lisa

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content