Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      cakepops
      Participant

I am having a horrendous time of things with my ex regarding his behaviour to me and to the kids. Things have come to a head this week and there are serious concerns for all of our safety. Obviously this is something I am discussing with various agencies etc.

The thing I want to get advice on is my job. I haven’t been in this job for long but it is very emotionally draining. I have had to take a week off sick and just cannot face going back. Realistically I don’t think I will be able to return as this current situation will take months to resolve. I can’t stop crying, and can’t think straight. There’s no way I can do this specific job, and no capacity to change to a different role within the organisation. If I left I could take a bit of time to recover then look for something less emotionally exhausting.

However, if I leave I will presumably be sanctioned by UC and I just can’t afford that. Staying on sick leave isn’t a long-term option either as I don’t get sick pay and also will really struggle to get a new job if I have a long time off with anxiety-related issues. I do think that quitting is the only option. Does anyone know if DV-related stress is a valid reason for leaving a job from UCs point of view?

Eggshells
      Participant

I’d recommend that you ring Citizens Advice for advice on benefits. They were brilliant with me and even told me about a benefit that I could apply for if my PTSD prevented me from working. You do have options. xx

Eve1
      Participant

I was just typing Citizens Advice also, I’m sure they’ll help, but I also wanted to say I think your idea to give up this job and take a break and look for something else is the best thing to do. You need to look after your mental and emotional health at this time. I have hadto do this on more than one occasion and it’s necessary.

Best wishes to you

Eve
      x

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content