Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Kitkat44
      Participant

Hi all,

I had a temporary place set up and whilst he was out I told my children and they didn’t want to come with me.
      They were shocked and upset and concerned for their dad (I get that and know it’s about protecting themselves too)
      I didn’t want to go without them. They feel the same as me I guess despite feeling unhappy this is what they know and the unknown is scary.

Now I’m feeling I’ll have to go without them to start with so has anyone done this?
      I’m so worried about adding stress and worry to my children, 3 of whom are already struggling with attending school- this is how he got me to stay telling me I would make things harder for them even though I know they are struggling because of how horrible home is and what they’ve experienced.

Thank you all xx

KIP.
      Participant

Can you have your abuser removed? Have you taken legal advice or spoken to the police?

Hazlenut
        Participant

This is a very tricky one, I think you need professional advice, would they be safe I guess you’re wondering. Maybe once they saw it works out after leaving they would follow.

Kitkat44
      Participant

Thank you both, I’ve been given contact info for some legal advice through the National DA helpline.
      Xx

KIP.
      Participant

Please get legal advice and kick him out. My ex was arrested and removed leaving me and my son in our home to pick up the pieces and have that time and space to recover, he will still try and turn the kids against you but at least you will have the stability of a roof over your head and some security meantime. I understand this isn’t always the safest route but for me to leave and always be looking over my shoulder was too much for my mental health x

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content