Tagged: 

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      WigglePurp
      Participant

Hi everyone, I feel like I don’t know what I’m feeling?! Last week I him I’m unhappy with how he treats me (no affection, no emotion other than negative, criticism, moodiness, irritable) his response was to leave if I’m not happy, but he is keeping the dog. I am no way leaving my dog he is like my baby. Does anyone have any advice on this situation?

jellybeanqueen
      Participant

Hi WigglePurp

I’d pack my bags and leave and take the dog with me

K xx

WigglePurp
      Participant

Thanks for the advice Jellybean 🙂 I think I’m over complicating it, knowing I will feel guilty and the hassle I’m going to get for leaving alone and then with the dog too which he does care for – A lot More than he does for me! Xx

WalkerInTheRain
      Participant

There are schemes to foster your dog while you get settled.
      You would still have to pay upkeep and, unfortunately, you wouldn’t be able to visit (to protect the volunteers safety) but it is an option if you can’t move into suitable accommodation straight away.
      I think RSPCA run a scheme but you would have to be referred by one of the support agencies.

KIP.
      Participant

He’s using the dog to control you. My ex said the same about my child. Said I could go but no way was I taking our son. Knowing I would never leave him behind. Controlling tactics. I bet if you said ok I will leave the dog he would find some other excuse. He’s pushing the boundaries. Feeling for what you will put up with.

Nova
      Participant

agreed…mine said same about my house…etc etc..they are traps.

Safety first…Do not discuss leaving…If you have somewhere to go…if not ring WA for support

then …Leave take the dog and do not look back… No Contact …don’t be hoovered back by false promises & love bombing…no thanks

Cx

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content