Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Pinknails
      Participant

The past (detail removed by moderator) have been hell, I’m refusing to go back to him. He’s now threatening to take my unborn baby. I’m(detail removed by moderator) pregnant, struggling to cope with all the stress I am under. The fear of him taking my baby is taking over as he has already done this to his previous ex! He managed to get her rights terminated and he has full custody of his son.

Before I left he kept going on about getting me pregnant again , he was determined that I’d be pregnant by the end of the year. I’m happy I’m having my current baby but also the looming threat of him taking her from me is terrifying.

I’ve had to tell both my parents about the abuse. I rang today and set up my appointment with my local women’s aid. I just feel so lost right now. I’ve had no sleep these past few days and I’m now not eating because of the stress. It’s also causing my Braxton-Hicks to start when I start getting stressed or anxious.

I just want the messages to stop and now his mother is texting me about how I apparently won’t be allowing her to see my daughter. I’ve never said she would be stopped from seeing her ! It’s been the complete opposite, I’ve been saying I’ll be dropping her off with her so I don’t have to see her son.

He’s going around lying to everybody and I’m so frustrated I keep having to defend myself.

diymum@1
      Participant

This is awful I’m glad you have your family round u. It might be worth looking at what he did to the ex to see how he operates? You need to get witness statements together to show his abuse the gp and Womens aid will help with this too, get some legal advice – once proven you could fight to keep him off the birth certificate so then no rights to ever take you to court for custody. This is doable totally and put it this way abuse never looks good but to a pregnant woman the authorities would see this as terrible abuse xx

KIP.
      Participant

You need to cut all contact with both of them. Block them and report continued contact to the police. Keep any evidence you have of his threats and report it all to the police. That way you have evidence and back up if he attempts to try anything. My ex would threaten the same, to take my child, he will just look for your weaknesses and use them against you. Absolutely zero contact. Use a third party if you absolutely need to. Yes they’re pathological liars but it’s also the most dangerous time for you when trying to break free so don’t meet him or let him in your home.

Pinknails
        Participant

I’ve got a rough idea of how he operates and this time I know what to look out for. I’m going to be talking to my midwife when I see her next time and discuss how I can stop him being at the hospital when I give birth. I’ve been keeping all the messages he sends me and I will take them to the police if he continues. I want to avoid using the police as I’m under enough stress right now and I won’t cope with added stress. I’m just worried about how he will react when she is born.

diymum@1
      Participant

Could you get someone to take over with dealing with the police as need be? For your health xx because if he continues harassing you o would call them it’s good evidence xx

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content