Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      mummysgirl
      Participant

Ive left my husband of (detail removed by moderator)months aago. I simply had had enough of his emotional and mental abuse I picked my kids up from school and went to my parents. I’ve been getting help from woman’s aid. But he continually messages me saying I’m a liar I need to see a psychiatrist and its all my fault he threatens to go to my work and my mums work to tell them my mums a j****e which she isn’t that my dad’s an alcholoc again a lie. He says I’ve poisioned my kids minds against him I’ve never once said anything bad to my kids I ask them almost daily if they want to see their dad but they point blank refuse in fact my eldest is very protective of me even though I thought I hid the abuse from her. I wanted to get a few of the kids things from his house but he says there is no way I’m getting in without him being there which I really can’t do I’m scared to go there or even with a family member as I’m unsure of his behaviour now. He says I’m a bitter selfish b****  (detail removed by moderator). He’s messaged my friends telling them what a bad mother I am . He seems to have forgotten the (detail removed by moderator) Years of hell hes put me through. Everyone I know and love know he’s unhinged but I can’t help sometimes questioning myself and asking was I making things worse. I’ve even had to get my friend over to walk the dog while my parents where on holiday cause he turned up outside and just sat there then drove away when he saw us. I’ve been to the police but I don’t feel ready to make an official statement although he was cautioned and told not to contact me but that fell on deaf ears. can someone tell me how long this goes on for. The Dr has even prescribed me diazepam for my anxiety. I just want him to go away and leave me alone. I also have to sit down with my kids and tell them it’s not possible to get their stuff. I think they will understand but I’m riddled with guilt for taking them away from their things although they seem much happier in themselves. After all its only material things that can be replaced isn’t it?

KIP.
      Participant

It will go on as long as you allow it to. He has been warned to stay away. He didn’t. And there was no consequence for him. I called the police every time he came near. I got a restraining order. If you want the children’s things. Call the police and ask them to go with your friend to collect the stuff. I always pushed back every time he pushed the boundaries. You don’t need to speak to him or have contact with him. This can be done through a solicitor or third party. You have a right to be safe and free from abuse. Block all contact.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content