Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Lavenderrose
      Participant

My legal aid has been rejected after waiting for months and spending ££££s already! I feel at a loss as to what to do! I shall appeal but I feel right back to square one. I won’t be believed etc he’s denying all of it as they do. It’s all been for nothing x

KIP.
      Participant

Did they give a reason for rejecting your legal aid? Are you in touch with your local women’s aid? There are some lawyers who will take no win no fee and also some that volunteer to take cases without charging. Some charities may also fund your case depending upon its merit so don’t give up x

Lavenderrose
      Participant

I do now have a support worker but this has only happened in the last few weeks. I need evidence to support my claims and of course I don’t. How can I access call logs to the national number? Can I call and get a supporting letter? I called for advice just on the verge of leaving x

Lavenderrose
      Participant

Any ideas? I’m desperate 😭

KIP.
      Participant

Ring them and ask for their advice. Is there anyone else who you told or witnessed anything? Do you have any texts or emails from him? Did you post anything on here?

Lavenderrose
      Participant

I did a lot of posting on here. Some friends and family witnessed a lot of the behaviour. I spoke to women’s aid the morning I left. It kind of just happened that day due to events that occurred. A lot of what I had with him was emotional and bullying, none of which I have much of any proof x

Lisa
        Main Moderator

Hello,

If you spoke to Women’s Aid they might have a call record for you? Perhaps you can call them and ask and your local Women’s Aid group might be able to write a letter of support for you too. Plus your GP if you ever disclosed anything to them?

Best wishes,

Lisa
        Forum Moderator

KIP.
      Participant

Your word is your proof. The changes in your behaviour.if you became withdrawn. Any mental health issues. Statements from friends etc. It’s the bigger picture you need to paint x

Lavenderrose
      Participant

Thank you @kip I appreciate your support. I have spoken with my support worker and she has offered to help me with a letter. Hopefully I can either appeal or reapply x

reborn
      Participant

I went to my GP told her I was suffering from stress and depression through domestic abuse so it’s all on record. I also took counselling.

Lavenderrose
      Participant

Thanks everyone I have had my support worker write a letter for me and it’s good. I will try and appeal with the hope that they’ll reconsider. I am worry it won’t get awarded in time though x
      Good idea Lisa I will call and see if there is notes from my calls. Thank you

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content