Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Random.
      Participant

So after my partner being arrested for the second time in less than 3 months, I’m completely at a loss this time as the police have told me it’s gone straight to CPS. It wasn’t me that phoned them & I seriously do not want anything happening to him. They are trying everything it seems, asking me to give consent for medical records, gathering other ‘evidence’ they also took a phone they thought belonged to him but is actually under my name.
      They haven’t really had much contact with me throughout & I don’t know where to turn. I feel completely lost, I don’t want anything to happen & I can’t financially can’t cope by myself in our home.
      I just wondered if anyone else had been in a similar situation & what their experience has been through it all or what potential outcomes could be? I’m terrified for him but also scared myself.
      I don’t know if there’s any legal help I can get or even what order legal processes go in, literally I have no clue. When I read it says about support they pass on to you but so far all I’ve had is a couple of emails. Nothing else. I just want this all resolved!

maddog
      Participant

You may be pointed in the right direction by Victim Support or through Women’s Aid. Have you been referred to the IDVA service by the police. They are there to support you through this.

KIP.
      Participant

This time it’s not upto you to resolve it. The police have realised that you are in danger and they have stepped in to help and protect you. They realise you’re not in a position to help and protect yourself. I was still protecting my ex when they stepped in and took it out of my hands. It really needed to be done because I was in no fit state to protect myself. The violence and abuse was escalating. It was a dreadful time but it gave me the space to rebuilt my life. He’s trapped you using finances which is very common. Citizens advice can help with debt management and perhaps a solicitor if he has run up debt in your name. Even if nothing happens to him this time. The next time you might not be alive to tell your story. Let the professionals deal with him. Take all the help you can from women’s aid and victim support.

Random.
      Participant

They did put me in contact with them last time but not this time it seems they are more focused on just keeping me in the dark & have something out for him.
      I do understand that they have had a call of a report of an incident & they are just doing their jobs but to have everything taken out of your control is extremely difficult.
      I just don’t even know if there is any way I can out forward how this will effect me if anything happens to him, I don’t know if that will help things.
      He’s not trapping me financially I just can’t afford the rent & all the bills in our home if anything were to happen. It really worries me & I’m just concerned about so many other things at the minute. I’m constantly worrying & anxious & just struggling massively.
      Is what you discuss with citizens advice kept confidential too?
      Thanks for your advice!

KIP.
      Participant

You do not need to give your name to citizens advice. Speak to them anonymously. You could speak to your GP about your anxiety. They may give you some medication just for a short time. Do you still have any contact with the man who assaulted you?

Random.
      Participant

That’s ok then, just don’t want anything more to be handed to police. Yeah I have done before for the anxiety, things will get easier with time I hope. He is on bail & isn’t allowed any contact with me or to enter the home or stay near it..
      I do miss him even though the space is quite nice & freeing also.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content