• This topic has 5 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Door mouse
      Participant

Talking to my abusers branded a liar by abusers surrounded by my abusers alone wit thoughts of my abusers

swanlake
      Participant

It’s so difficult to be around abusive people. I’m sorry that you’re going through this.

Anonymous
        Inactive

I really feel for you. Abusers are very smart when it comes to making you out to be a liar.
        Unfortunately I think when you are vulnerable certain types of people pick up on it and you become everyone’s scapegoat.
        Please try and stay strong you know the truth.

Door mouse
      Participant

Thank=you for your kind words as I write this message my thoughts are with you too I Know how difficult it is being around victims I was considered needy I’m up and down all the time panic attacks and Christ knows what else emotionally that’s without what they put me through I have triggers some of the names here have sent me spiralling I have been called selfish many a time just for being me. or loving that part no-one else does everything that I carry and everything that has happened, I can come across quite negative which is not me at all A constant battle to find your own self-worth I was quite a strong women and blame myself well maybe I did get what I deserve but then why do I deserve that just for being me I used to be quite head strong and a battered old cow looking back at me now is all I see, Horrible when you Know everybody has their own story to tell Thank-you again

Ricepudding
      Participant

I was talking to my Councillor awhile ago and she opened my eyes to my coercive boyfriend. Then we talked some more then it came out the boyfriend before this was coercive too at Christmas time she told me it session weren’t helping. Now I find myself back talking to her about my childhood. It’s hard to say the word’s I was abused as a child by my (detail removed by Moderator) and when we told our mother she told us to stop being silly that he was her (detail removed by Moderator). It has took many years to say these words at first I felt like a huge weight was lifted but now All the thought are fluiding in the shame,dirty,and why did I not stand up and shout to more people This is why I feel alone in the dark..

Door mouse
      Participant

I’m sorry to hear that you to also went through this. I think sexual abuse is the worst and it is pretty c****y when people tell you that your just being silly someone once told me to put the blame where it lay , I did that and it backfired and just kept coming back or being told not to think about it is another one even worse when the blame is passed back to you, I suffered decades with it living in my own little world. I hope you recover from your ordeal one thing I have learnt tho is to never blame that person it makes you a better person and know that you are stronger than they will ever be.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content