Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      kitty
      Participant

A short while ago I took money from our joint account. After this he wrote to me telling me if I didn’t put the money back he would deduct it from my share of the property. It was not a large amount of money that I withdrew, so I find his letter rather pathetic. I had previously requested that he refrain from contacting me so now I have applied for a non molestation order to stop the financial abuse and to stop him from contacting me. What makes this even more pathetic is that I know his parents were behind the letter he sent, and they facilitate his attempts to control me. All he has managed to do is provide me with edvidence of his attempts to stop me accessing my own money. I am so much stronger these days and I swear I will take him to court for anything I can and expose him for the liar he is.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Kitty,

Good on you for standing your ground and for standing up to him. I hope that you get your non molestation order and that you are free of this man and his parents once and for all x

kitty
      Participant

I get confident, and then I get scared again. There is no consistency. I just want it all to be over.

Serenity
      Participant

My ex used to set me ‘traps’ or ‘challenges’ after he left: to do a, b and c…

If I didn’t do what he had asked ( sometimes they were small things), he’d punish me.

It was like he wanted to continue the control- even after he’d left.

There needs to come a point where you stop biting and just ignore their stupid traps.
      You are right, no contact and a non-mol are the answer.

I got a non-mol and though it has expired, I told the court I wanted no contact with him long term.

Any contact would be laced with threats.

Confused123
      Participant

hi hUn

Well done for taking control, i would just ignore there pathehtic letter, again its just a way to get reaction out of u

kitty
      Participant

I’ve written a very long letter to his parents exposing his financial abuse of both me and them (they pay money into the bank yet he just spends all his benefits on luxuries for himself) they do this as they believe he is all above board with the finances but a full breakdown of what he has spent their pension money on will be landing on their door mat any day soon. I don’t expect to get them on my side, but I have a feeling they wont be on his either afterwards. I’m not talking small amounts here either……. I have exposed every single lie complete with evidence

godschild
      Participant

Well done xx

SaharaD
      Participant

If it were me I would take half of the account balance, just to put an end to his threats and just say see you in court with the judge.

But I never had a joint account, he was sh@t at money.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content