Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      nayuki
      Participant

Hello everyone
      It’s nice to be back here. Many things happened in my life recently. I found a fine job which relates to my interests finally, I am just about to start and spring sunny atmosphere made me feel very positive.. until today morning when I received a letter telling me to prove that I am no longer living with my ex …
      I checked lots of forums, people are sometimes struggling with this for months. .
      I think I do have some evidence, his payslips and most letters go to his new address. He’s also registered to vote there, I’m the only person registered where I live apart from old tenants but I think they already changed it for recent poll. We were both on tenancy agreement but when I went to council the lady said she will update the info for my agency on my behalf. Why are they telling me they have evidence that he’s living here?? It’s so scary and makes me feel like a criminal even if I know I’m honest.
      He does pop in to take care of our daughter when I’m working on weekends and he keeps contact with her, he won’t really take her where he lives because he’s renting a room and there’s not much space to bring her in. He said he will provide all papers to prove he’s living elsewhere..
      I just don’t know what to think about this. Has any one here had same problem?
      Thanks

nayuki
      Participant

Oh and one more thing, he started his therapy and they told him it’s good that he’s coming to see his child and that there are no restrictions for that in terms of us being separate. Like it has nothing to do with it. I’m so confused by this 🙁

shine bright 2
      Participant

I’ve had this before. I wouldn’t worry. I thought it would be a nightmare as ex literally disappeared and had no address for him, but is was fine in the end..wrote and told them. Gave bills that were all in my name etc.

nayuki
      Participant

Thank you Shine Bright! Hopefully it will work, I just got extremely scared.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content