Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Yellowflower
      Participant

When do these men ever get what they deserve? I can’t go into detail on here but since I’ve left all the things he told me are true are slowly unraveling and it was all lies. Why go into so much detail be so believable? I don’t know how to keep dealing with the fact I feel my life was a complete lie? Lies told to manipulate and scare and control me… who was this man I thought loved me. That’s not love is it. When do the tears stop? I can’t think of a day when I haven’t cried since leaving. All I wanted was for me to be enough for our family to be enough for him to stop.

Seeingclearly
      Participant

He was the one who wasn’t enough

Anonymous
      Inactive

I think in the end these men do get what they deserve, to spend your life lying and manipulating people you’re meant to care for will probably result in a very lonely existence for them in the end because eventually everyone close to them will see through it x

diymum@1
      Participant

they do. my ex did he had a lot off people loose respect for him and he was shunned at every turn in the end. you don’t get away with doing wrong life dosent work out like that. I believe in karma and these men will never be at peace with themselves unlike us who will eventually achieve this again xxxx I know for a fact he cant hold down a relationship theres been loads off women who have walked out on him because off his antics. I have seen him around only twice over the years and he looks b****y awful and a misery guts – but he always was a complete misery to be around xx

KIP.
      Participant

It’s beyond devastating to realise you have been abused by someone you loved and thought loved you back. It’s his shame, not yours. You could be the most perfect partner ever, he would still abuse you. Just make up stuff to abuse you about. He’s beyond help and will destroy you if he can. If he can hate you and treat you badly, he justifies his abuse in his own head. You need to protect yourself by going total zero contact. Until then you expose yourself to his abuse and it will get worse. He’s not interested in your feelings or making this easy for you. If you continue to love him, he will simply use that love to control and continue his war. You need to protect you and your family. The tears will stop. They playing field slowly becomes even and then you need to take the gloves off and find the strength to fight back x fighting back means taking back control. You allow who gets access to your life and he isn’t welcome x

Fudgecake
      Participant

Spot on, KIP.

And yes, I think they do end up lonely especially when they’ve lost their looks and can’t use them to beguile other innocent victims.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content