Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Benson
      Participant

I have just found out that I have lied to by a professional. This has really upset me, who do you trust? I have been lied to throughout my abusive relationship, I struggle with trusting anyone because of this and now this. I give up when these people are paid to support and keep you safe. I just don’t know where to turn now, I can’t do this anymore.

Borntobefree
      Participant

Hi Benson
      I went through that stage ..police let me down
      Said I lied about everything. I felt so SICK
      But you know what these abusers know how to play the system … I know it’s hard .. but I now walk with my head held high. Knowing I was not to blame… what proffesinals have you talked to

Benson
      Participant

They think because I have been in an abusive relationship I must be thick and therefore they can get away with their lies. Perhaps I am thick because I didn’t recognise it as abuse at the time, but now I just want to be safe and have some support. It is always one step forward and 5 steps back.

Borntobefree
      Participant

Hi Benson
      I never spotted the red flags either till he sent my head crazy … victim support are great
      Give them a call hun

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content