Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

You spend your moments on edge, being deceived, asking what ifs, being suspicious, deeply insecure, jealous, comfort eat, bully other people to offload, feel so depressed…………..All of these feelings are just not right or normal. I read the posts on here and remember what I was like, it is heartbreaking & such a waste of the precious time that we have on this earth. I know that once you are in this type of situation it is hard if not impossible to get out despite how awful we feel and you become used to feeling like s**t and that feeling like s**t is normal. The men are manipulative, give mixed messages and give you hope of the dream come true.

It is so not normal to spend your days in such sadness. I hope and pray that all of you women can find the catalyst that you are searching for to get out. Life these days, there are so many positive opportunities for women, you can have the type of life you choose it doesn’t have to cost a lot and barriers do not need to prevent this. For all of my adult life I have had one disastrous relationship after another. I have been single for some months now and the taste of freedom and away from these horrible ties is so great. X*X

Anonymous
      Inactive

This is so true HA it’s only since I’m out that I’m starting to see the reality of what me & my daughter went through. I had been so focused on her that I didn’t think what he’d done to me was that bad. Now I’m starting to realise I had altered the reality to cope with being in this relationship. He is an animal, the things he did to me that I rationalised as “normal” are really starting to sink in now. The words invisible chains sum it up perfectly for me. I was trapped & took a long time to actually break free. Now I’m starting to feel more like my old self. I have good days & bad but being away from this toxic man has been fantastic. You can’t think clearly because they’re so good at twisting how we think. It takes a lot to make that final decision but I’m so glad I did, no looking back.

Congratulations Moogie i’m so happy for you. There is a thread on here called ‘Can anyone give any examples of gas lighting’ which you may find helpful. Also the books Invisible Chains by Lisa Aronson Fontes & 30 Covert Manipulation Tactics in Personal Relationships, free to read on Amazon. Yesterday was a bright, sunny & very warm day. I was walking through a really attractive woodland near where I live. A couple with a baby where in there. They were having a big argument and both looked thoroughly miserable. The contrast between the lovely day and the unhappy couple could not be overestimated. It is such a waste of time & energy. X*X

Itsoktobeme
      Participant

Whenever you write HA, it strikes a chord with me. Life is a bit dark right now, this minute, but knowing others understand really helps. Thank you x

You are welcome, please do keep posting on here. Pour your thoughts, worries, problems and wishes out in your posts. I am currently reading Zari Ballards website on n********m there are literally hundreds of hugely relevant articles. Its all about the man getting into your head/under your skin and hooking himself in there. And how we can understand what is happening and how to unhook ourselves. It works. Life is sweet without abuse, I am looking forward to a nice weekend just me. XXXXX

20 Diversion Tactics Highly Manipulative N*********s, Sociopaths And Psychopaths Use To Silence You

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content