Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Hetty
      Participant

I literally feel like the world is conspiring against me right now. My child is having to change schools in a new area but the one on our doorstep is full so I’ve been offered a really poor school in another area which I just can’t facilitate. It means extra time on a busy day when I work full time and he wouldn’t know anyone or be able to integrate into the local area as all the other kids will be going to local school.I just feel like giving up and going back. Feeling so sad and stressed. Also being harassed by child’s dad. This has gone on for years and years. It’s so hard trying to cope and stay positive when I feel like I never get a break from the problems.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Hetty,

I’m so sorry it is difficult for you. You can do this. I know you can, because you lived with an abusive man. You are strong, and resourceful.
      Did the closer school put your child on a waiting list? I hope this situation changes quickly for you.
      You can get through this, and it will get better. When you think about giving in and going back, please think about the worst things he has done. It can get very confusing if you start thinking about the ‘good’ times.
      Best wishes! Xx

Hawthorn
      Participant

Oh Hetty that’s so awful for you. Could you reach out to the principal of the school on your doorstep and explain the situation? You have highly extenuating circumstances and surely one more child couldn’t make that much difference? People can be so helpful but it’s up to us to ask for that help. I’m sure it all feels overwhelming but like Ocean said you are strong, you are resourceful and you will find a solution.

You are not helpless like abuse makes us believe we are. Try googling “learned helplessness”, we covered it in my support group this week and it really helped me to make sense of why I was struggling so much with decisions moving forward.

Deep breaths, you got this. Going back to a toxic situation with your abuser wont help anything. You know this but it’s no harm to hear it again.

Sending strength and a big hug xx

Hetty
      Participant

Thank you for your support. I had a nap and felt better, then did some productive things. Can now feel the anxiety rising again xx

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content