Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Missbutterfly
      Participant

I must have done something wrong? If not, how can 2 adult children (male) turn against me and abuse me like their dad did.

I have received abusive, horrible messages from them both over the past week culminating in them using my grandchildren against me.

They want me to apologise for the ‘sh** I have caused’ ??? How is this possible. I have tried asking what I have done and nothing, just insult after insult. Maybe its not my ex, maybe I was the problem all along :'( Feeling heartbroken.

I feel so sad and so empty inside. Is the abuse continuing through them or am I just a bad person as to be honest I am not sure how much more I can take. I dont feel like I deserve any happiness in my life and am pushing the people who are supporting me away.

I don’t know where to turn or what to do anymore and cant carry on feeling like this.

They have told me not to call them my son, never talk to them again blah blah blah, all supported by their partners.

Falling Skys
      Participant

Hi MB

This is not your fault, this is not what you deserve, sadly when we say enough is enough we are the ones that change and the adult children find this hard to cope with.

My children have turn on me I have not seen my daughter and grandchildren for a few years, my son either ignores me or is abusive like his father.

Sad to say we are not alone many of these men turn the children against us.

Do you have WA worker it helps to talk, attend Freedom meetings, I also have a counsellor and spent my last session talking this through.

They may change, but in the mean time think what you like and what you want to do start to put yourself first. Learn to love yourself and find out who you are.

And I do have times when I cry my eyes out for losing my children but I will never be abused again from anyone.

Stay strong lovely lady

FS xx

fizzylem
      Participant

Sadly, this is abuse; when you strip it back, we all need to be spoken to with respect and kindness, then if there is a problem it can be discussed, sounds like this is missing here to me, that there are communication difficulties within the family, which is not uncommon is it, but atm it’s spiralled. Hang on in there Missbutterfly and try to be with those who can understand and support you to redress the balance. Sounds to me like you could do with a break and bit of head space to de-stress x

Ayanna
      Participant

Please see your GP for counselling.
      Also get in touch with Womens Aid.
      And tell them off. Stand your ground!
      Do not put up with their abuse.

Missbutterfly
      Participant

Thank you everyone, it means so much to have supportive people around me.

I phoned Womens Aid and they told me it is common to have adult sons continue the abuse. It made me feel sad but it helped a little.

I went the doctor who has added another medication to my meds and gave me a leaflet for ‘Healthy Minds’ counselling. Unfortunately their waiting list has closed now as they have lost the contract. I guess I will have to speak with the doctor again in my follow up in just over a week.

Trying really hard to accept that it is NOT me, but it is so hard.

Thanks again everyone x

Ayanna
      Participant

Why do you get medication for that?
      That does not solve the problem.
      Your doctor needs to refer you to proper counselling.
      Check out any charities near you, whether they have open waiting lists.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content