Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Eggshells
      Participant

When I first started reading this forum, I promised myself that I outdo post something that’s gives hope to all those who are struggling.

I moved out over the summer and although I was homeless for a couple of months, I always had home to go to thanks to some very supportive friends and family.

I’ve moved twice and am now in a tiny one bedroom flat which everybody loves because it has such a nice atmosphere. When my adult sons come to stay with their girlfriends, it really doesn’t feel crowded, just cosy.

The divorce has been stressful as I’m afraid it will be with abusive men but I am getting there now.

Sadly, I still work with him so not sure what my future holds. I’m just taking it one day at a time.

Overall I feel very positive. My life and destiny are now my own to do with as I please. I can relax in my own home and I can just be me. I’m amazed by the number of colleagues I have who have been through the same experience.

Given that there are so many abusive men out there, I’m not sure I will ever risk a relationship again, but that’s ok. I’m surrounded by lots of lovely people who love me for me. I have love and great relationships, i don’t need romance.

I’m sure there will be bad days to come and when they day I’ll get the support I need. Leaving was one of the scariest things I have ever done. It was also one of the best. So if you are having a bad day, please take heart; good days will come. XX

Lightness
      Participant

well done Eggshells

I agree, life does get better – much better. It takes time but it’s worth it

Lx

Freedom22
      Participant

Thank you for this post eggshells, it was just what I needed to read xx

HunkyDory
      Participant

Lovely to read eggshells, it feels great doesn’t it to start life afresh with no constant stress from them. Xx

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content