Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Numbnumb
      Participant

I think I just had a light bulb moment. I said a sentence to myself in my head and I shall say it every time I’m feing low.” Before split I was heartbroken and frightened, now I’m heartbroken an lonely” but it’s so easy to see which is the lesser of two evils, and I have hope of not being heartbroken and lonely for ever. 🙂

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Numbnumb,

I hope the loneliness doesn’t draw you back. Be careful how soon you share your story, as abusers seem to also target survivors.
      Focus on your healing.
      You deserve a life without living in fear. I hope you feel encouraged. Join a group of some sort to meet new people. May your life be filled with true friends and laughter.
      Xx

Numbnumb
      Participant

Thankyou, I hope my post does come across as positive, my first post in the Positive Moments section so I must be gettu g there 🙂

Living Warrior
      Participant

hi hunni,
      i too felt like you, then i focused on myself, i thought that trying to date again would be a good idea, and it filled a hole for a bit, but never met anyone i clicked with, so i gave up, went bk to sorting myself, started doin things for me, like pilates and yoga, started driving lessons and other things, and months went by and i didnt even miss the fact there wasnt a man in my life. then out of the blue i met someone new, and it started as coffee dates, and him helping me on my bad days, now we have been together over a year, and we survived the lock downs lol
      my point is, people have a way of finding you, when you least expect it.
      I never expected to find anyone who would want me for me, let alone someone who would take on the baggage i have,
      focusing on yourself, gives you the courage to take the plunge later… it makes u strong enough to be able to make things work when that person does come along.
      time on you, that is what you need, find yourself like i did, i found new foods i liked, new films, and all sorts.
      Then he found me 🙂 a stronger and better…me!

shoot for the moon, and even if you miss, you will land in the stars 🙂

soxy
      Participant

Hi Numbnumb, I like this, it’s so good that you aren’t frightened anymore! It must have been a nice lightbulb moment. It’s great that although you feel heartbroken and lonely now as you say it’s not forever and it isn’t. Thank you for sharing that.

I like the suggestions of joining a group of some sort, or looking at what you enjoy, maybe like Living Warrior it’s yoga and pilates, or maybe your arty. But whatever it is doing something you enjoy with likeminded people will bring you much joy.

Thank you for sharing and I look forward to hearing about your next positive lightbulb moment:-) xx

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content