Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      hop
      Participant

I’m finding it difficult to cope day to day with ….well with everything. I find it really hard with the noise. One of my children won’t stop talking and I can’t deal with it. A friend who’s in the field said it’s a classic symptom of ptsd but how does that even help me to stop the problem? I just need the quiet and no lights on because I cannot deal with any kind of offensive stimuli. The problem is it’s all offensive. Aural, visual I can only cope with one at a time. How can I even begin to stop this happening?
      I was advised to ring rasa but it happened a long time ago. Went the hospital and they conspired behind my back to call social services. How do they expect me to open if when I am they do that? IM so unhappy, I don’t know what to do

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi freedomfries,

Are you in touch with your support worker? I know you’d said previously that they kept cancelling on you- did you manage to get in touch with the service and ask for another worker?

Are you on the waiting list for therapy?

I can see that you’re struggling and it’s important to have the right support in place; you shouldn’t have to be trying to deal with this by yourself. I know it’s hard, but do keep reaching out for support; even if the abuse happened a while ago.

Take care,

Lisa

hop
      Participant

I’m getting therapy back. I feel so deflated, I’m tired all the time and the inprint from all the trauma I’ve had manifests in weird ways and like bolts out if the blue

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content