Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      blahblahblah
      Participant

I’m still being abused despite leaving the relationship a good while ago
      I didn’t want to resort to non molestation orders, csupervised contact etc and thought I may be able to pacify my abuser indefinitely despite not being together anymore.
      Deep down, I had a gut feeling that this wouldn’t pan out and I was right .. I thought I might have veen the exception when it comes to no contact etc but these men are all the same!!
      He has breached the order and with any luck will get punished for it, I still live in fear that he will kill me or the kids , he has threatened to kill me before (if I was to stop child contact) however Im protecting us as much as I can )
      So yes , listen to your gut! x

KIP.
      Participant

Good advice. And the first time he shows you his true colours, believe him. Many people think once you leave the relationship, everything is ok. Somehow some abusers take that as a personal challenge to regain control by any means possible. The sort of people who don’t understand the word ‘no’. Hang on in there and stick to zero contact x

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content