Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Ayanna
      Participant

I feel most content when I am by myself.
      I cannot bear the presence of another person within my property.
      The peace, the quiet, the birds, the squirrels, the foxes, the fresh air, the big trees, the cats, that is what I need in my life.
      In my own space nobody can tell me what I should do.
      I pace my life as I want to or as I am able to.
      I cannot imagine that I will ever want to change this way of life again.
      Then there is this man who chases me.
      He is single and thinks we would be a good match because I am nice.
      He said that my life would be easier with a man in it.
      He does not know me.
      He just likes my fat a.. and my smile.
      He is in need of sex and has ideas about immigrant women.
      He thinks I have to feel grateful that he wants to protect me and f… me.
      He thinks my accent is sexy and I would be full of respect and admiration of his superiority compared to my inferior origin. I should be honoured that he wants to f… me and tell me what to do.
      He thinks I find managing my life difficult and he knows how to do things…
      He thinks I would benefit from being f….. by him and being told how to manage my life.

Oh well, if he does not leave me alone he will have a very painful experience.
      I am way too clued up about abusive men.

Borntobefree
      Participant

Hi ayanna
      Yes the single life is so empowering
      I do love doing my own thing now .without being controlled … no man will ever put me through that hell again…
      I’ve gained so much knowledge now how these patasites work …..its taking me years to figure out why Iam so vulnerable..

I busy working on me now

lover of no contact
      Participant

Haha Ayanna, love it! Especially, the ‘oh well if he does not leave me alone bit’.:)

Your perspective is great, food for thought. I too am starting to be content in the single life. There are so many positives, not having to do anyone else’s laundry, cooking, shopping, cleaning is one!

I’m loving my time on my own where as you say nobody there to tell me what to do, and I can go at my own pace.

Also one less birthday and Christmas present to buy!

SunshineRainflower
      Participant

Love the part about all the animals and nature, sounds wonderful Ayanna. And it sounds like you have this guy sussed, he sounds terrible and you deserve so much better if you ever do decide to get involved with a man again. Well done for being strong and independent and following your own path.

Ayanna
      Participant

I thought about the implications of getting into a relationship.
      It means intimacy, getting the saliver of a man into my mouth. That is such a disgusting thought.
      And thinking about sex, even more horrifying.
      Whoever tries that on me will regret it.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content