Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
    • #72710

      I’m living in refugee my abusive husband got my visa curtailed and I was pragnant so I had to deliver baby when I didn’t had legal stay in UK. So if u r not legal you have to pay for NHS services they sent me debt of 10,000£ and I was pragnant didn’t had courage to leave abusive husband was scared wt would happen. Now I’m in a refugee with my baby they have applied for my indefinite leave to remain just remain worried all the time they home office might reject visa because of NHS debt. Anyone else in such situation.

    • #72719

      Hi bravesoul, I can’t answer your query but I didn’t not want to reply to your post as I know how hard it is to do even just that. I hope someone can advise you correctly. I wish you joy and happiness with your new baby. 💜
      IWMB 💕💕

    • #72720

      lovely to see you on here, sure that women’s aid can find a way forward. Hand in there, for this reason have repoted post to Wa n the hope that they can say something useful
      all best

    • #72726

      Hi Iwantmeback thnx Alot for ur reply even. Anyone living in refugee can understand my feeling when u hv so much doubts n fears about everything that what would happen with ur life. All the time u r thinking about ur future…

    • #72727

      Freedomtochoose thnx Alot fr ur reply. Refugee where I’m residing is quiet good but uncertainty of future will make me crazy.

    • #72748
      [email protected]

      its only natural your going to feel like this when you’ve been through so much. im sure given this is the result of domestic abuse you will be offered help xx sending you strength and support luv diy mum

    • #72750
      Main Moderator

      Hi there,

      I am glad to hear you are in a refuge and you and your baby are safe. It is understandable you feel uncertain about the future.

      I would advise accessing legal advice regarding the NHS debt. Rights of Women can give you free legal advice over the phone.

      You can call the National Domestic Violence Helpline for more information. Their number is 0808 2000 247. Calls are answered by trained female support workers.

      Take care and keep posting

      Best Wishes,

    • #72780

      Hi [email protected] you. My story is long he is been remained very manipulative also I applied for visa again during pragnancy and he went to solicister with me and when I applied he contact homeoffice and asked dnt gv me visa and before that he took all my documents and passport from me and I never could get them back. I Hope everything would be sorted out soon coz the case worker in refugee is v helpful.


    • #72781

      Hi Lisa,
      Yes my case worker is working on NHS debt also she also contact NHS but they r not replying back so she is now going to apply visa just wanted to know if anyone else in same boat.

      Many thnx.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ Jobs


Log in with your credentials


Forgot your details?

Create Account