Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      weather
      Participant

Dear Everyone,

I’m really trying to live with the freedom I have now. I managed to survive this long and am really trying to keep myself SAFE. It’s taken me a long time to feel the way I do and I’m beginning to make plans for next year. Also, I’m trying to be less scared by my fears, i.e., living alone and making sure I have enough funds to keep a roof over my head. I still get flashbacks and extreme symptoms of C-PTSD, but keeping active and busy really helps me. I still get a lot of bad days; so when the good days happen they mean a lot to me. I’m not sure if you ever get over domestic abuse or if the symptoms of it ever go away. But, having meaning and knowing I’m still here does help. I don’t have any children or a family due to the DV I went through, but I still deserve to be able to live and feel safe. I’d love to continue to learn new skills and continue to go on holidays where I am not being subjected to domestic violence. Hoping to continue to remain safe and live the life of FREEDOM.

Thank you for reading a part of my story so far.

Warm regards,

Weather

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Thank you for sharing with us, Weather.

Jasminum
      Participant

You absolutely deserve to be here x

Hereforhelp
      Participant

A very relatable post Weather ❤️

weather
      Participant

Thank you, Hereforhelp and Jasminum,

I appreciate your response.

Stay safe,

Weather

Lostnalone
      Participant

Just come across this post. U deserve to be happy 😊

swanlake
      Participant

Hello Weather
      Safety and freedom feels great! I still have some financial stuff to sort out with my abuser but I’m so much happier now that I’m no longer in contact with them.
      I’m also finding meaning in my existence and being a plant mum and human companion to my pets.
      Thank you for sharing and I wish for safety and freedom for everyone.

weather
      Participant

Dear Swanlake,

Thank you for your response, as it makes me realise that I am not alone. I hope you continue to feel safe and free.

StrongLife
      Participant

Over time it fades with time and safety plans move through different stages.

All is better if you relocate away or vice versa.

The relocation works in that they cannot immediately find you.

Regards

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content