Tagged: 

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Visionforward
      Participant

I was married to a man for (Detail removed by Moderator) years who used emotional, psychological, sexual, and financial abuse to control me. Apparently that’s not a bad man because he never struck me!!!!
      I spent years believing everything was my fault as he was Mr Popular and loved by everyone so it had to be me that was the problem right??????
      When I finally saw things for what they were, (he was close to having me in hospital as a mental patient) i found the strength to see my own doctor, get help and I left, I lost one of my sons, a home, all my “friends” and had to start again. It was a messy divorce and I was even abused in the street by others who accused me of all manners of evil for hurting this “good man”. !!!!!!!
      (Detail removed by Moderator) years on I am mostly happy, in a job I love, after (Detail removed by Moderator) years separation I am in tentative touch with my son too
      I recently met a new man and I adore him, he is the polar opposite of my ex but I am making him jump through hoops as I’m so scared to trust, so far he’s so patient but I know I’m hurting him, I go through bouts of telling him he would be better without me and could find someone better, I don’t want to lose him though!!
      I’m having nightmares every night with all my insecurities being laughed at by my ex and I feel his presence once again in my room, so starting to avoid sleep because I’m scared.
      Anyone identify with this and have any tips I sometimes feel I could lose my mind

KIP.
      Participant

Did you ever receive counselling? Contact your local women’s aid, they run a course called the freedom programme. Years later for me and I still get anxious when good things happen to me. My ex used to pull the rug from under me whenever I was happy so I still have my brain wired that way sometimes. Good counselling will retire your thought process x this forum helped me get through terrible years of abuse and validated my feelings so keep posting x

Visionforward
      Participant

Thankyou
      Yes I did the freedom
      Programme twice 🙁 the first time was a blue and the second time helped more but both times were years ago
      Do you think it’s possible to re attend?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content