• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Lisa.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      cocobatter
      Participant

I’m new here and don’t know where else to turn. I don’t want to call the helpline in case mum comes back. She’s emotionally abusive and I drink to cope. She’s gone out and deliberately locked me in. I lost my phone a few days ago and I feel completely cut off. I’m actually scared of what will happen when she comes back. I’m not sure what would be worse. A huge row or the silent treatment. I’m nearly (detail removed by moderator) ffs how has it got to this point!?

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Dear cocobatter,

Welcome to the forum I hope you find it a supportive place to be.

I’m concerned that your mum has locked you in the house, it is a crime to lock someone in without their consent. You can call the helpline while your mum isn’t there and if you feel at risk you can call the police.

The helpline number is 0808 2000 247, it is 24/7. You can leave a voicemail via option 2 and provide a safe time for someone to call you back.

Take care and keep posting

Best Wishes,
      Lisa

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content