Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Roseleen
      Participant

Hi lm new to the forum. My name is Roseleen
      im (age removed by moderator) and out of an abusive marriage (detail removed by moderator) years now .my children are adults now and I’ve time to reflect on been on my own and its sad some days .I did volunteer for (detail removed by moderator) help line (detail removed by moderator) when I was at home rearing my children .it got me through hard times now I’m back at work full time .l am feeling lost .no connection at my present job to abusive marriage.. Like my volunteer job gave me.so I feel alone .I am greatfull to have you all to share and identity with xx Roseleen

Escapee
      Participant

Hey Roseleen.

Well done on being a true survivor! Are you going through the rotten empty nest syndrome? Because that is an absolute nightmare! I know so many women our age that are struggling with this!
      If it is this, start joining clubs, even knit and natter clubs! Just get out there with other women and have a cuppa and a good conversation about anything! I have chatted to woman on dog walks and in airport departure lounges where we have both been fighting back tears (or not!) because we miss our babies! Yee god we need to get a life! 🙄😂💕💕

KIP.
      Participant

I used the helpline many times and just wanted to say a huge thank you. Women like you make such a difference and have changed many lives for the better. Would you consider doing it again. Even for a few hours a week? Well done for coming on here and connecting. Have a look in your local library where they advertise clubs. I’ve recently started a course in psychology and counselling. Are there any courses that interest you. Google groups in your local area. I’ve had coffee with neighbours I never would have dared when with my ex. Keep posting. It’s a great place to be for support x I’m a similar age too and starting to really enjoy life again. This is my time x

County
      Participant

Hi There Rosaleen, Its time for you I know how easy that is to say. My experience is similar, my kids are grown up and have chosen to live with heir father. I’m back at work and coming home to an empty nest is not great. As my family believe my abuser I have no other resort but to believe in me and get on with my life. Its hard when you have left your abuser, as its not a usual divorce if there is such a thing. A lot of people at this stage are planning retirement together holidays etc. So join something you enjoy, art classes keepfit anything that gets you out and about. etc.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content