Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      groovyleopard
      Participant

I was in a relationship with my ex for a few years. It’s been a month of no contact, and i’m finding the loneliness really hard.

It’s strange as when I was with him, I could do a few days on my own no problem but now I can’t stand it. I try and fill the void by keeping busy, but somehow my mind will always think of him 24/7. I do really want to reach out to him, but know I shouldn’t, i’m finding it really tough.

We had a holiday booked this year, and i’m surprised he’s not reached out to me about it? He shows all the signs of being a narc. I guess I have been disregarded completely!

KIP.
      Participant

Please stick to zero contact. I know it’s extremely difficult and you will have a craving to contact him but that’s a trauma bond and it will take time to break. Reaching out to an abuser won’t help you. He may well be waiting for you to do so, that way he can truly discard you even more painfully. Or hook you back in for more Of the same abuse. These feeling will pass with time and zero contact. Have a look at Healing From Hidden Abuse by Shannon Thomas. Abusers make sure they are the centre of our world so when they leave there is a huge void. Psychologically he’s trained you to put his needs first too. Time to look after yourself because he won’t.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content