Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Stop
      Participant

So I’m nearly (detail removed by moderator) years out of my relationship and I guess I’ve never recovered from the abuse I still have no friends he made sure of that.being a single mum I don’t have the option of going out plus no confidence to go on my own what have others done to build themselves back up? I’m looking 4 work but failing

Newbeginnings1234
      Participant

I’m in the same position, I don’t really have any friends as my Husband stopped me from seeing them, then I had to move to a different area to get away from him. I’m struggling to find a job as well. I don’t really have a lot of advice as I feel the same way as you, but I’ve signed up for a support group which starts soon, is that something you could look into maybe? I feel like I might find it easier to talk to people there because they would know my situation and I wouldn’t have to lie to them x

Survivor123
        Participant

Can I just start by saying you’ve done the hardest part,you got away and that takes courage,so well done.
        As for being a single mum,have you looked for child and parent groups,I know they’re not for everyone but it’s a start.
        Look at what you have achieved since getting away,have you got a new home?have you made that house into a home for you and your child? Ask yourself what you have done and not just focus on what you haven’t.
        As for having to lie about the situation you find yourself in you should have no shame,you’ve done nothing wrong and I know people’s reactions but that was also something that happened to you not who you are,I’ve been there done it and got the tee-shirt and you can make the change.
        I really hope you find your strength x

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Stop

Welcome to the forum. As Newbeginnings1234 suggested, you can contact your local domestic abuse support service to ask about support groups, the Freedom programme or counselling in your area.

Volunteering can also be a good way of meeting people and building up confidence while you look for work. I am glad you have found this forum as we are here to support you.

Take care and keep posting

Lisa

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content