Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      PheonixRising
      Participant

Hello,

I have been benefitting from this forum for quite some time now. I am eager to check out the coercive control group… so I decided to stop lurking and become an actual member.

I am out of my relationship now, but only beginning the process of mentally and emotionally unpacking everything I’ve been through.

My relationship was a textbook case of coercive control. I am trying to come to terms with the fact that the man I fell in love with and chose to father my children was just a facade and never really existed.

I am hopeful for the future, but this experience has caused me to question other relationships in my life. I do not want to become a bitter and untrusting person. Nor do I want to continue to allow myself to be abused.

It is a hard line to walk for me at the moment.

With love and peace,
      PheonixRising

Falling Skys
      Participant

Hi PR

So pleased that you have joined the group.

Once I admitted to myself I was in an abusive relationship, I analysed one relationship after another. I felt like an onion going layer after layer of abuse.

I red books learning as much as I could about abusers, then I started learning about me. Doing what I like and what made me happy, as I became more happy with my skin I was able to make new friendships.

I am still not ready for an new partner but I have friends that are male as well as female. I say I am not anti men I am anti abusers.

Good luck with your journey to freedom.

FS x

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content