• This topic has 2 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by KIP..
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      littlemixedup
      Participant

(Removed by moderator) my parents visited and gave me a copy of a cd with me and my sister (removed by moderator) when we were younger. I loved it and it brought back some great memories I’d otherwise forgotten about as all the bad stuff took over. I’ve now realised how much of my past was happy times before all the darkness and that there is so much in front to look forward to. This has given me such a boost ☺

Nova
      Participant

Lovely! It’s great to connect with all happy positive times in our lives…these are the things that give us our strength and courage.

Re connect as much as possible with peace and love
      Cx

KIP.
      Participant

Hi, yes it’s only recently that I’ve been thinking a lot about happy times before I met my abuser. I think it takes a long time to sort through the horror of abuse and let the happy memories back in. I even think about boyfriends before I met my abuser. I had a couple of lovely kind considerate boyfriends in my life which makes it even more unbelievable that I suffered such horrible abuse when I did have good male role models, just goes to show the depths of control that comes with an abusive relationship. i think of my abuser as just a disgusting ex partner, a con man and a lowlife. Not worthy of being in my life now 👍

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content