Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      strong soul
      Participant

It’s a new year and a time to be honest about our situations. This is the year to take control of our own lives. It’s not easy, in fact it’s b****y hard. However you can do it. You are stronger than you think, you will be believed, there is help out there for you. You have the right to live a life without fear. Good luck X*X

lilaclady
      Participant

Thank you for this. I said to myself exactly that today. Time to take control of my life or face doing this for a long long time. Hope you’re doing ok Strong soul xx

This is brilliant. I’ve started a bucket list and Im actually going to be able to tick something off it very very soon 😊. The start of the new year has made me feel so so positive and optimistic about life. I was not living with this man I was an existence and I refuse to live life like that again. Once we make the very brave step to leave the possibilities are endless! This is our time to put ourselves before anyone we can do whatever we like to rebuild our lives. We can work, buy our own house, learn a new language, retrain or start a new career, travel, volunteer the possibilities really are endless. With the right support we can turn our lives around we can take back control and be who we want to be! That’s exactly what I will be doing and have started to do. Taking all those baby steps has meant I’ve turned a corner by booking this out of the world holiday for myself and my friend. Keep going no matter what knocks you and remember the baby steps turn into the very best steps we will take in our lives on our road of freedom! Xxxx

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content