Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Backandforth
      Participant

Feeling very low , the freinds I did have , I have realised I will have to give up! He said she said and all that. It’s easier just to walk away. He gets it all. He’s won!!

beachhut
      Participant

He may have the friends, I use the word lightly, he has not won or got it all, as he does not have the most important thing and that is YOU, people are with you for a reason, a season or for life, and perhaps these friends season is now over, new ones will come along when you least expect them. Take care.

weather
      Participant

He hasn’t ‘won’ as mentioned by Beachut; he doesn’t have any integrity, self-respect and a kind ounce about him. I had to get rid of a lot of friends that weren’t my real friends and looking back at it all now, it did seem as if every one-sided with my abuser, but they were just playing into the abuser’s web of deceit, i.e., abusers are very good at pretending to be who they aren’t and when they get discovered their munchkins dissipate and even more so when there’s no need to stick around. I’m learning to make healthier friends and if that means being on my own then it’s better than tolerating more abusive toxic people.

I hope you manage to find good non-toxic friends soon, Weather.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content