Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Polarbear.X.
      Participant

Hello all,

Just after some words of support my partner of (detail removed by moderator) years has recently become violent and financially abusive – I called the police back in (detail removed by moderator) when he hit me in front of our (detail removed by moderator) small children (babies) and he was arrested and cautioned at the time I contacted my landlord about having him removed from the tenancy but she refused and he works and she won’t accept benefits for my rent. We are still in the house and he comes and goes as he pleases I have presented myself to two different councils as homeless who have refused me – I am so stuck about what to do I need to stay local as my mum is (detail removed by moderator) ill and finding a refuge has proved almost impossible I don’t know what to do anymore I feel like this is just going to be my life forever

FindingMemo
      Participant

I’m new to all of this so I don’t have answers but I feel for you and send you hugs. Will Woman’s Aid be able to help? You and your children need to be safe and you are going through enough with your mum. Good luck.x

KIP.
      Participant

You could speak to a solicitor about an occupation order to have him removed from the property. A non molestation order would prevent him coming near you so he would have to leave the property then. Ring Rights of Women for free legal advice and contact your local women’s aid. Start looking for somewhere you can afford in the area that will take benefits.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content